Dubai EXPO 2020 Reuniting the World:
Your guide to the largest event
Dubai Expo 2020 Reuniting the World in the Wake of a Global Pandemic
The past year was a challenging one on many life fronts and for everyone – no thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. But despite the challenges that the virus posed to humanity, Dubai was still determined to hold a global event of significant importance, Dubai Expo 2020.
The purpose of Dubai Expo 2020is to bring people of all races, cultures, and businesses together in the beautiful city of Dubai, UAE to discuss global challenges, proffer tenable solutions, and foster great international relations.
However, in an ironic twist of fate, the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the global expo and forced the event to be rescheduled to 2021. With Expo 2020 Dubailaunched on 30 September 2021 with a magnificent opening event, the wait is over, to the delight of every nation and individual eagerly waiting to participate in what is billed to be an epic event.
This guide reveals everything you should know about Expo 2020 Dubai. Know what to expect from the global Expo.
What is Expo 2020 Dubai?
Expo 2020 Dubai is the first World Expo ever hosted in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia region. Themed Connecting Minds, Creating the Future, Expo 2020 Dubai aims to inspire people by showcasing the best examples of collaboration, innovation and cooperation from around the world.
Expo 2020 Dubaiis a chance for representatives of every country to converge in the beautiful city of Dubai to address global issues. This Expo is anticipated to be the largest ever meeting of diverse people coming together with a common goal of inclusivity, cooperation, and tolerance in mind. It is expected that delegates from 190 countries and more than 25 million people from all over the world to visit Dubai throughout the duration of the Expo from 1 October 2021 till 31 March 2022.
Expo 2020 Dubai will be an opportunity for participants to engage in networking while also improving international relations across board. Organizers of the Expo strive to provide fantastic hospitality as well as a friendly, respectful, relaxed, and enjoyable atmosphere.
Pavilions are set up to house delegates from participating countriesto freely showcase their culture as well as exhibit groundbreaking technological innovations.
New Expo 2020 Dubai Schedule
The rescheduling of Dubai Expo 2020 has beenratified to take place from October 1st, 2021 and run till March 31st, 2022. Despite the delay for one full year, the event would be well worth the wait.
Benefits of Participating in Expo 2020 Dubai
It is expected that the host country and participating nations will gain a lot of benefits from Expo 2020 Dubai. These benefits would be far reaching and would carry on long after the event has been concluded:
- A greater opportunity to build mutually beneficial business relations
- Increased networking opportunities
- Cultural exchange and social integration
- Improved public relations and international diplomacy
- A chance to exhibit cultures to a wide and diverse audience
- A greater possibility for technology trading and exchange
- A chance to broaden knowledge, experience, skills, and expertise
- An opportunity to gain economic, social, and political goodwill
Where is the Dubai Expo 2020 Live Venue?
The venue for the Expo 2020 Dubaieventwill be situated at a 4.38 square kilometer site in the Dubai South district, with a venue specially dedicated to hosting the Expo with a beautiful architectural design, unique to the event.
The development of the venue for the Expo commenced in the first quarter of 2016 and was ready before the original Expo date in October of 2020. This location was strategically selected because of its proximity to key facilities including three international airports and a couple of cruise terminals.It is close to Al Maktoum International Airport and within easy reach of Dubai International Airport, Abu Dhabi International Airport and Dubai and Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminals.
Transportation within Dubai during Expo 2020
Organizers of Expo 2020 have guaranteed that visitors to the event would have access to several modes of transportation. These include cars for hire, taxis and Dubai Metro.
As a matter of fact, the visitors to the Expo can rely on the Dubai Metro Station as it has a dedicated line to the venue of the global event. The 2020 Expo line can convey 40,000 passengers every hour to the venue. Note that while you can hire a car during the Expo, you would be required to provide a valid international driver’s license.
Dubai Expo 2020 Ticketing Information
The price of Expo 2020 Dubai tickets for adults aged 18 years and above is USD$33 or AED 120. Note that this price is for a single-day ticket. A three-day ticket cost USD $71 or AED 260.
Note also that the Expo will hold for 173 days and you can use your single or three-day ticket at any time during this period. But if you use one ticket out of your three-day tickets, you would be required to exhaust the other two tickets within a 14-day period.
Monthly tickets which can be used within 30 days after a visitor’s first entryare also available. Season tickets for those interested to have access for the entire duration of Expo 2020 Dubai.
Time Schedule for Dubai Expo 2020
Expo 2020Dubaievent opened on the 1st of October, 2021. Visitors will be allowed entry into the venue as follows:
- Friday: 10:00 am to 02:00 am
- Saturday: 10:00 am to 02:00 am
- Sunday: 10:00 am to 12:00 am
- Monday: 10:00 am to 12:00 am
- Tuesday: 10:00 am to 12:00 am
- Wednesday: 10:00 am to 12:00 am
- Thursday: 10:00 am to 12:00 am
Top Attractions at Expo 2020Dubai
Expo 2020 Dubai itself is the main attraction and offers visitors a chance to mingle and dine with people from all around the world. But there are also other equally attractive sites that visitors should not miss while in Expo 2020 Dubai:
- Rashid’s Playground: If you love nature and sea creatures in particular, then you should visit Rashid’s Playground at Expo 2020 Dubai. This is a water world attraction where you can get to see many rare and exotic aquatic animals in a safe enclosure. You can even get to take selfies while mounted on a humpback whale at the park.
- Emirati Astronaut, Hazza Al Mansouri, Spacesuit Experience: Experience what life in outer space feels like in a spacesuit when you visit the Terra Auditorium at Expo 2020 Dubai. Wear the Emirati Astronaut Hazzard Al Mansouri’sspacesuit and take exciting, memorable pictures to show your friends and family.
- Experience Past Expos on a Venetian Carousel: You can experience and relive the memories of past world expos by taking a fun ride on a Classic Venetian Carousel at Dubai Expo 2020. Expand your knowledge horizon in an untraditional way of seeking the history of expos.
Expo 2020 Dubai is an opportunity to network with people of all walks of life and expand horizons. This event happens once every five years with the next Expo taking place in Osaka, Japan in 2025. With this in mind, you should savor this moment to explore the cultures and foods of different nations in one location.
Interested in corporate tickets for the world’s largest expo? Contact us for more details on corporate tickets.
EXPLORE OUR COLLECTION
Looking for Sales & Marketing Representation?
Claviger Middle East is the extended sales force and the round-the-corner PR & Marketing department to luxury standalone and multinational hotel chains who are striving to grow their market share from the niche outbound Middle East and India markets.